Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster is another delicious book released on May 5, 2009. I have rarely been a fan of chick lit. but I find Jen Lancaster's writing very witty and hilarious. Other people's rants don't usually amuse me, but Pretty in Plaid is looking to change my mind.
Jen Lancaster had been working as an associate vice president before being laid off. Normally, someone who got laid off will look for another job and move on with their life, but Jen Lancaster did something different. She started a blog with her being laid off as her main topic, and with her bitchy but funny writing surprisingly won the hearts of many people and years later, she was already writing books instead of just blog posts.
To this date, Jen Lancaster has authored other hilariously written books such as Such a Pretty Fat and Bright Lights, Big Ass, and Bitter is the New Black. All are interestingly written, and I find reading the book very addicting. You get hooked reading Jen Lancaster, seriously, and sometimes you might even find yourself sympathizing with her and joining her I cussing everything she's cussing about.
Pretty in Plaid is probably mellower compared to the previous three books in that she calls it a memoir. Or, on second thought, it might be treated more strongly since she will be making flashback trips to her childhood to retell her story. If anything, I think the cover of Pretty in Plaid is cute, with the knee-high argyle socks representing her childhood.
Another thing I find interesting about Pretty in Plaid is the mile-long subtitle which is A Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or, the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smart Ass Phase. If that doesn't trigger your curiosity and interest already, I don't know what will. I am personally looking forward for the release of Pretty in Plaid.
For more information, check other Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster book reviews.
Erika Ayala works part time for a consumer review company.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Erika_Ayala

No comments:
Post a Comment